Thursday, January 7, 2010

Absence: Love Letter

Dear Whoever,

Darling, I cannot stand this. It is just too hard to be away from you. I am usually okay, but at times like this it just becomes too much to bear. I cannot sleep at night from thinking of you.

I just have to tell you, to share with you part of my inner, secret self, the thoughts I think that everyone has but, no one says. I know that sometimes pride gets in the way of expressing emotions. I believe that is the cause of my inhibition in telling people how I feel sometimes. That, and the fact that passion or emotion in an extreme state can be scary. I almost just want to shut it away for fear that it will eventually overwhelm me. I think of my feelings, my love for you, not with craving, hope or even desire, but just with a kind of wonder that such things can actually be. You have opened my eyes to how love should feel. I can promise you this, I will never again settle for anyone else.

But, at this time in both of our lives, we are surrounded by possibilities of choice, open doors and wide horizons, which I know, may come between us. But I also know and hope that spite all this, we will stay together. It's a strange mixture of love, joy, sorrow, hope, longing and faith. And even though you are far away, you're all that I can see, all that I can feel, and all that I can think. I carry you with me through all these days and I miss you more than I can possibly say. Also, (fill in name here) - I love you no less than if you were here right now.

I know I have a tendency to be tactless at times - thus the reason for this letter. I think I will send it now, before I start to wonder what you might think of it. I love you and am waiting for the day when I put my arms around you again.


I love you. I miss you.

No comments: